Montag, 25. November 2013

family Khaiatov

In support of family Khaiatov's application for permanent stay in Austria,
I would like say that I, too, live in a foreign country, where I found
my husband and my second home. We, too, have experienced prolonged
hardships related to national bureaucratic procedures. We finally made
it through and have the privilege to make our choices: where would we
like to live in future? And where do we want our child to grow up and
go to school?
The freedom to choose is one of the basic human rights. Millions of
people around the world do not have this privilege – especially in the
less developed countries like the one we live in right now. Every day
I get to realize that any sort of aid – big or small, can make a
tremendous difference in the lives of these people.
Advanced industrialized countries, having the capacity to promote
basic freedoms across national identities, should feel to have an
obligation towards making this world a better place, if even for one
single person or one single family.
Although I have not been able to know the family Khaiatov personally,
I do support the idea that all people, no matter their national,
ethnic, religious or tribal identity, do deserve the freedom to choose
their home.
The family Khaiatov has made their choice: granting them a permission
to stay in their new home is the only ethical and morale thing to do.

Eliska Mwingira, Tanzania